Thursday, November 15, 2012

IS THAT…IS THAT REAL?


Video game cut scenes are starting to freak me out.


For those of us that grew up during the advent of the video game industry, memories of our childhood likely link back to images like this:


 


 


 At the time, we thought this looked pretty sweet, but we were mostly freaking out over the fact that video games actually existed, so we no longer needed to do traditional childhood activities, like going outside or talking to other people.

Now, video games look like this:

                                                   Courtesy of Microsoft

That’s the opening video from Halo 4, the newest release in one of video gaming’s most popular series.  Is it just me, or does that video look, I don’t know, real?!  I swear to you, fellow geeks, that for more than a few seconds, I wondered why 343 Industries had decided to cast living actors to star in their games’ cutscenes.  Sure, moments later I felt like an idiot, but I think my shock was justified. 

Oh, and the game is really good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment