Friday, April 5, 2013

GOD ONLY KNOWS

What's that sound?  Oh, it's genius.
By Bob Simpson

I've been playing BioShock Infinite for about 2 hours so far, and I'm impressed.  If you want a more intelligent review of the game, check out every single video game reviewer on earth, and you'll see that it's getting some of the highest marks of the year.

And while the scenery is incredible, set in the utopian floating city of Columbia, and the story is enticing, they didn't capture my imagination and wonder nearly as much as one of the greatest soundtrack choices in video game history, which I stumbled upon mere minutes into the game.

Here, check it out:


Yeah, that's a barbershop quartet singing The Beach Boys' "God Only Knows."  I don't even care what happens during the rest of the game.  Being able to witness these few minutes of brilliance has sold me.  Game of the year.

2 comments:

  1. they are brilliant. Hope they got paid a ton of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...I wonder if we could track down which quartet sang it...

    ReplyDelete